Your shave soap will come in a plastic ‘dish’ so that you can use it to build up a good lather. It is designed for use with shaving brushes. A boars hair brush is the nice material to use because it retains water nicely. Synthetic materials will not retain water.
- Soak your brush in a hot cup of water for about a minute. It will soak up the water like a sponge and create nice soft bristles.
- Flick the excess water off of the tip of the brush, but leave plenty on it.
- Swirl the brush around in the container in a circular motion until you start building up a lather. The longer you swirl, the denser the lather will become. After about 30 seconds, you should have built up a dense, warm lather. The bubbles should just about disappear and should be the consistency of yogurt.
- Apply the lather in a circular motion with your brush directly on your face. The circular motion will increase the density of the lather as you go. It will also allow your whiskers to soften and stand up. This will allow the razor to sit close to the base of the hair follicle.
- If you find you need more lather, add a touch of hot water to your brush to help create the lather you are looking for.
- When you are done shaving, empty any excess water out of shave soap and allow to air dry. This allows the shave soap to last longer. Never let it sit in pool of water.
Why Cypress Scents Shave Soap?
You have been using store bought shave gel for years and it works just fine right? Why change now? Does it really work for you? Ask yourself these questions: How long does a can last? Can you pronounce the ingredients in it? What color is it? Do you break out afterward? How many pieces of tissue does it take for you to stop the bleeding in the nicks? Where was the product manufactured? How long ago was it manufactured? Can you email the manufacturer with questions?
Cypress Scents Shave Soap is made right here in a small town in Oklahoma. We use minimal ingredients in order to create a superior shave soap. It is designed to be used with your favorite shave brush. Our soap is lightly scented so that it doesn’t overwhelm your senses.
Shave soap is a fantastic product to use for a man’s beard because the dense lather that you produce right there on the spot creates a protective layer between your razor and your skin. You will be able to get a very close shave with no injuries!
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Stearic Acid
- Potassium Hydroxide
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Fragrance or Essential Oils